Wednesday, November 16, 2016

India Willoughby To Join UK's 'Loose Women'

India Willoughby
Just in time for Trans Awareness Week comes the news that the UK's popular Loose Women program will have a new member of the panel in India Willoughby.

Image result for India Willoughby
Loose Women has been on the air in the UK since 1999, and currently features presenters Carol McGiffin, Denise Welch and Andrea McLean.  

She recently appeared on the show to talk about her gender transition and life, and now she will be back as a regular on the show



She's poised to become the first out trans person to be a regular part of a television show with cis women anywhere in the world and as you probably guessed, she's thrilled to have the opportunity to do so.

"I just can't believe it," she said in a recent interview about her new presenting gig. "I absolutely love the show, so it's beyond my wildest dreams to be a guest panelist."

"My history will add something different to the mix and it's the perfect fit for me."    

"All the Loose Women have overcome some sort of adversity, they all carry battle scars and that's what makes them interesting people.  Mine just happens to be my body."

"I didn't want to be considered a novelty.  I've turned down several TV offers.  I want to be working on merit and that's why it was so perfect for me, because I'm just a girl next door."

"If I can help others in my situation by becoming a panelist, well that's terrific," said Willoughby."

Image result for India Willoughby
Congratulations India!   I know based on your recent appearance you'll be a wonderful fit for that show.  This is also welcome news for transpeople in the UK and your trans siblings around the world.

It's also welcome news for your trans siblings here in the US after the WTF week we've had on our side of The Pond.

No comments: