Saturday, November 08, 2014

Representing Trans* Symposium Today

This is what I flew up here for and was the event I was focused on while all the unnecessary family drama was swirling around me.

November 8 is finally here, and I'm in the house to take part in a symposium on the University of Chicago campus entitled Representing Trans*

The symposium kicks off at 1:30 PM CST with a 'Sociological Approaches to Trans Representation' panel moderated by Dr. Kristen Schilt of the University of Chicago.  The panelists for this discussion will be Vivian Namaste, Tey Meadow, and Salvador Ortiz-Cruz.

Then it will move to the 3:30 PM panel I'll be taking part in entitled ''Artistic and Activist Approaches To Trans Representation.'  moderated by Chase Joynt..   In addition to your favorite award winning blogger, my fellow panelists will be Amos Mac, Tiq Milan, Jen Richards, and Ariel Schrag.    All five of us definitely will have something to say about this topic, and this should be a fascinating discussion scheduled to run until 5:00 PM..

Both of those panels will take place in the Gray Center Lab Midway Studios at 929 E 60th St.

Then at 6:30 PM we move the symposium action to the Logan Center For the Arts and an Evening with Kate Bornstein.   You'll get to see this legendary author, playwright, gender theorist and performance artist live and in person

Logan Center is located at 915 E. 60th St. for those of you in the Chicagoland area wishing to attend this event.

And I'll let y'all know if I got to destroy that Giordano's Pizza I was fiending for ever since I confirmed I was coming to Chicago.

No comments: